mHUB MedTech Startup Pitch Competition
The mHUB MedTech Startup Pitch Competition is designed to support under-represented female founders and entrepreneurs of color in the health and medical technology space by showcasing their cutting-edge hardtech startups and connecting them with investors and industry leaders.
This pitch competition, taking place virtually on Thursday, August 5th, 2021, between 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, will feature five finalists pitching their innovations in medical device technology.
Thursday August 5, 2021
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM (Central Standard Time)
This event has ended.
Finalists for the MedTech Startup Pitch Competition are:
- The Minimize bracelet is a lightweight and discreet device that reduces hand tremors by up to 95%. Our goal is to mitigate debilitating tremors that render everyday tasks impossible, and thus alleviate the psychological distress they cause to the 120 million people worldwide suffering from Essential Tremor and Parkinson’s Disease.
- fluidIQ is developing technologies that use clever design to direct airflow using a science called “fluidics” to operate without electricity. Fluidics uses the flows and pressures of fluids or air to control operations normally performed by battery powered or electronic devices, without moving parts or electricity.
- Kalia Health (KH) is a health justice startup committed to improving reproductive health outcomes for conditions such as preeclampsia. KH is developing the Kal-PDx, an early preeclampsia detection test to increase awareness about the developing complication and provide birthing people with the tools they need to take control of their health.
- Phiex Technologies makes it cheaper and faster to make medical devices by replacing 3rd party sterilization with self-sterilizng packaging. The package can now sterilize the device inside. This is also a cost-savings solution to the major issues caused by the EPA regulation of ethylene oxide, which sterilizes 20B devices/year.
- At Starling Medical, we are revolutionizing the at home chronic management of 3 million+ people with bladder dysfunctions with our novel AI and tech enabled bladder management platform designed to improve patient quality of life, provide new telehealth revenues to providers, and bring cost savings to payors by preventing hospitalizations.