I am posting this gig on behalf of a current client: Medisensor.
MediSensor Technologies is developing a feature rich, reliable, and cost-effective Medication Adherence Platform to reduce health care expenses and save lives. The company is currently in stealth mode, and is building a Proof of Concept (PoC) to preview with customers, partners, and investors. The company is seeking a Firmware Engineer with experience architecting and developing solutions for IoT platforms. This position will start as a part-time consultant and could transition into a full-time permanent position as the company grows. This is a terrific opportunity for a candidate who wants to make a highly visible impact in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup focused on a large and growing market opportunity.
Location: United States
● Develop ESP32 firmware that monitors embedded sensors and communicates with Android/IOS apps via Bluetooth and AWS IoT infrastructure
● Test firmware to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
● Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade firmware as needed
● Optimize communication with back-end and front-end solutions for scalability and reliability
● Work collaboratively with the team, partners and customers to refine product requirements
● B.S in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years of firmware development
● Experience developing ESP32 firmware that communicates with IoT infrastructure on AWS
● Experience developing firmware for both BLE and Wi-Fi connectivity
● Working knowledge of software testing and GitHub revision control
● Highly collaborative, attentive to detail, with a proven track record of excellent design work
● Past experience in a dynamic early-stage startup environment highly desired
Some questions you will be asked when responding:
Do you have experience with the Espressif ESP32 SoC? If yes, can you share some details about what you have done with this SoC on previous projects?
Do you have experience writing firmware that communicates to external devices via BLE and WiFi? If yes, can you share some details about what you have done on previous projects?
Do you have experience writing firmware that communicates AWS infrastructure in the cloud? If yes, can you share some details about what you have done with this SoC on previous projects?
- Company Name: MediSensor
- Compensation: Depends on Experience/Open to Negotiation
- Location: Remote
- Duration: 3 - 6 Months