December 14, 2022 [VIRTUAL]
$8,500 total in Non-Dilutive Cash Awards available for Women and Founders of Color
Only 8% of VC funding goes to Women Founders, less than 3% to Latino Founders, and less than 1% to Black Founders.
The mHUB MedTech Startup Pitch Competition is designed to support underrepresented women founders and entrepreneurs of color in the health and medical technology space by showcasing their cutting-edge hardtech startups and connecting them with investors and industry leaders.
This pitch competition, taking place virtually on Wednesday, December 14th, 2022 from 4 PM - 5:30 PM CT, will feature five finalists pitching their innovations in medical device technology.
- 1st Place Prize: $5,000 cash
- 2nd Place Prize: $2,500 cash
- 3rd Place Prize: $1,000 cash
- At least one founder of your team must be a woman or a person of color
- Startup must be pre-series A
- Must be a hardtech startup (with elements of physical product and software)
- Startup technology must be in the field of Medical Technology (MedTech)
Areas of Focus:
We are looking for breakthrough medical device technologies focused in medicine delivery, remote patient monitoring, wearables, therapeutic devices, and more. Example Technologies include, but are not limited to:
▪ Chronic Disease Management Tools
▪ Technologies for Detecting Acute or Chronic Conditions
▪ Surgical Instruments
▪ Connected Therapeutic Devices
▪ Minimally Invasive Monitoring
▪ Robotic or Automated Healthcare Devices
▪ Improved Drug Delivery Methods
▪ Medical Devices
Please complete this application to be considered for participation in the pitch competition. The application period will remain open until December 4, 2022. Applications will not be accepted after 11:59 PM CT on Sunday, December 4, 2022.